14 August 2012

Revlon Lip Butters and Just bitten kissable balm stain

Hello gorgeous,
 
I'm very late to the party with these guys, I saw a massive craze for the lip butters when they first came out but I couldn't afford them and didn't want to go along with the crowd.
 
I have to say straight out, I am in LOVE with the lip butters (I'll talk about them first as I bought them first) you may think I am gross here and I probably am, but I am the only person who will use these. When I use products that claim to be moisturising and everything I put them on my lips when they're dry to see if they actually do what they say they should and they did. when the product had worn off my lips felt so so soft. I will be honest and I was warned about this, they sometimes go on streaky, this is very true but you can choose the intensity of your own look have a wash of colour or obviously build it.

 
Revlon lip stains
When I saw these online I was a bit worried about how I would sharpen them but to my absolute joy when they came I saw that the bottom twists up so you don't ever had to sharpen them (for the win) I won't lie, when I have these on my lips I feel like my lips look really juicy and I could kiss myself haha. They do last and I like that they do stain your lips a pretty colour. I do feel like these guys are just same as the lip butters just not as creamy and in different (when I show you the swatches you will see) I really don't have any complaints apart from these guys need some building up, but that's entirely a bad thing. I feel like I have weird shaped lips but the pencil shaped tip is perfect for lining my lips. I'm not that good with lipstick just because I don't usually wear it, I'm more of a lip gloss girl.



The top row are the lip stains and the bottom are lip butters
From L - R ~ Lovesick, Cherish, Crush and Rendez-vous.
Lip Butters from L - R ~ Raspberry Pie, Lollipop, Candy Apple and Tutti Fruiti

~I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that Lovesick might possibly be all time favourite lipstick, balm or whatever you wish to call it. When it's on my lips look so pretty, the colour I would say is a pinky purple sort of between a magenta and fuchsia. I somehow (and I don't know if I was charged or not) ordered two of these, or they messed up, but I am not even mad because I am so in love with it so I can have a backup in case they discontinue or whatever.
~Cherish is quite close to my lip colour so this would be perfect for everyday when you want to throw something on but still want a natural look.
 ~Crush to me is the perfect cranberry/plum lipstick, I'm a little bit sad about this one, just because I don't think it really goes with my skin tone but I am determined that I will wear it at some point lol.
 ~Rendez-Vous and Tutti Fruity are perfect together because they're pretty much the same just with different formula's. I know some people can pull things off better than others but these two together actually give me a glow, they're really juicy looking on the lips and just look really nice.

~Raspberry pie is a gorgeous raspberry colour but it isn't really red or pink it's just a perfect colour.
~Lollipop I love this and I would say this one and Raspberry pie are my favourites, I think you could wear this over Lovesick because they're pretty similar. This is the one I had the most trouble with, I found that it went on pretty streaky but looked gorgeous once it had been built up.
~Candy Apple on my camera this one looks orange but it is actually a red/orange. This is such a gorgeous colour and I absolutely love orangey red colours.
~Tutti Fruity The reason I love this one so much is because although it is orange it's not a neon in your face kind of colour, I lusted over MAC's Vegas Volt for ages and when I got I did like it but it just didn't work on me because it was too bright but this colour isn't over the top but obviously you can see it's orange.

So there we have it. I do think it's a bit annoying that the States get a wider variety of colours because I've seen some of them on google and I would like to try but I am very grateful for the colours I have. I am overall very happy with them and I think I would definitely repurchase them. Do you have any colours that you think I should try out?

Peace, love and cupcakes


No comments:

Post a Comment