31 August 2012

New hair :-) Directions Rose Red and mini review

Hello lovers,
 
I hope you are all well and haven't been washed away by the rain lol.
 
So, I recently did a post about being obsessed with hair dye, crazy coloured hair dye to be exact, you can read that here if you haven't already.
 
At first I didn't dare dye it all pink, just because I wasn't sure how  much I would like it etc. I dyed the underneath and I did quite like it a lot. Last week the night before I went out I decided that I wanted to dye it all that colour and the results were bright, but amazing. I looked like I'd used the vinegar from a beet root jar but  I still like it.
 
This is my hair before
 
This is my hair now
 
 
The pros and cons of this dye.
 
I'll do the cons firstly.
~When you dye your hair you need to be careful that you don't touch your skin because it  does stain and although it does come off it's going to take a lot of scrubbing
~You will need to buy gloves because Directions  don't come with them.
~The pots are only small.
~It will stain your clothes, neck and any jewellery even after it's been dyed.
~When you wash your hair, even after you've washed it for the first time you will want to wear gloves while you was it.
 
I know there are a lot of cons but the pros are great.
~ The dyes can be mixed together so you can create your own colours which is amazing.
~ The pots are only small, however, I have longish hair now and I only used just over half a pot so if you're very careful it will go a long way.
~ This particular dye doesn't need to go over white bleached blonde hair, however, its is ideal to get your hair as light as you possibly can for them to have an effect, it didn't cover my  brown roots but I think it looks cool and I quite like the look of roots with these crazy coloured dyes because it looks a little bit more natural and not like a wig.
~ Depending where you shop, you can get these colours very cheap.
 
 
For myself this colour hasn't faded and I have washed it twice now since I dyed it so I am very happy with that. I'm not going to review them every time I do a new post because I have a lot of colours to use up. I will however, say a little bit about the lasting power etc in the next post I do when I have used colour before to get rid of this one.
 
What do you think? do you have any favourite directions dyes?
 
 
Peace, love and happy weekend
 

No comments:

Post a Comment