26 November 2011

New hurr, long rambly post.

Hello cupcakes,

How are you all doing?

Recently I've been bitten by the hair bug (no I don't have nits, hmm perhaps I need to rephrase that lol) I've been wanting to go lighter and then dye my hair pink, last night I decided I was going to lighten it so here is what my hair looks now and a review about the products I used to get me to lighter hair.

This is what my hair looked like before.

And this is my hair now.

How did you achieve this? your hair is pretty dark. Well here is what I did to go from dark to light in 60 minutes, what 60 minutes? That's ludicrous! well it isn't actually. I'm going to let you into a little secret, I used Colour b4, yep no bleach and no ammonia. I managed to save up enough points on my Superdrug card so I thought I would buy this with them.





Here is what the site says about Colour B4

''Has your hair received multiple colour applications and become dark and flat? Or if you have applied a dark brown, red or black shade (you just don’t want) then Colour B4 Extra Strength can help. Colour B4 Extra Strength hair colour remover is the safest and most effective way to remove an undesirable hair colour."

I've heard so many mixed reviews about this stuff, some say it doesn't work and some say it does. This is my third time using it and I've never had any problems with it. I always use the extra strength one.

 Because Colour B4 doesn't contain bleach and ammonia you can dye your hair straight after you use this. I'm sure you probably could, but I always leave my hair alone after I put Colour B4 on. I put my hair through so much and I like to leave it, plus I also always like the way my hair turns out once I have used it. I wanted to go lighter and I didn't expect the results that I got. At first I was shocked because it was a lot lighter than I intended it to be, however, I liked it! I wanted change and I got so I'm perfectly happy to keep it for a while. As you can see from the pictures it looks like it blonde but it is a mixture between blonde and red. Growing up I had blonde hair, this changed when I got passed 5 it started to darken and became a mousy brown (which I hated) so I started to dye it when I became 16, against mothers wishes. The colour I had in the first picture was Casting Creme gloss by L'Oreal, and I did like the colour I but I wanted to be lighter so that I could go red again, call me crazy but I always feel like I'm a more confident person with red hair. The thing I love so much about hair is it's versatility, you can change the colour you can change the

Now, you shouldn't expect this to completely strip your hair and expect it to look exactly how you want it, because if you use permanent colour each time you colour it, the hair changes from its natural state and will never lose that colour until you either grow it out or cut it. It's called permanent hairdye for a reason. Colour B4 shrinks the artificial dye molecules in the hair, enabling you to simply wash them away. 

The thing I do not like about colour b4.
If you use the extra strength one you have to leave it on for 60 minutes which isn't a problem to me because I can do a lot in that time, but, you have to spend ages washing it all out then you have to wash your twice with a bufferer. It might make your hair feel a little bit like straw at first.


Now onto the next bit of this review, my hair at the ends felt like straw, I could brush it but it really hurt. I was frantically worrying what I could use because I don't have masses amounts of products (which I do need to invest in now) for my hair so I was panicking because I needed something to tame the ends. GlossyBox to the rescue I remembered I got some hair oil in I think it was Septembers glossybox. Now, I had my reservations about this stuff because, I have quite oily hair at the crown and I thought it would just make the problem worse. It says to add 1 to 2 pumps of it but I knew I'd need a bit more than that so I added 4. You add it to the tips of your fingers and then mix it together to warm it up a little and then add it to your hair. My hair has never felt so soft, it wasn't horrible, it didn't make my hair sticky it was a godsend. I'm not sure if I would be able to repurchase it because it's pretty expensive. If anyone can offer me a good cheap hair oil or serum that I can pick up from superdrug or boots when I have some money that would be awesome. I would say that it's probably a good thing to have and if you can afford to splurge.
  
So there we have it, my new hair and how I did it. If It was bleach I would say be careful but this is fine, It is literally fool proof. Use it as you would a normal hairdye, but if you use the extra strength one you leave it for 60 minutes. It is a faff to wash it out but just stick with it and you'll be fine. Colour b4 is pretty pricey at £12 and you can pick it up at Boots or Superdrug.

Peace, love and sunshine

7 comments:

  1. Are you still going to dye it pink? If you are I'll look forward to the piccies! I used to dye my hair loads and then gave up after my hair decided it couldn't take daily straightening and being dyed so regularly!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't decided yet, I want to so I probably will lol :-)
    Oh dear, that's why I don't blow dry my hair or use and I don't use heat tools all the time. I'll deffo post pics :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had really heat damaged hair,and started using V05 miracle concentrate and it completely transformed my hair! :)xx

    http://thelipssayitall.blogspot.com/

    elliexo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've considered using colourb4 and will probably purchase next time I'm in the UK. I love the colour of your hair in the second pics, really looks great! xx

    Visit The Other Side Of Cool
    Tweet me! @othersideofcool

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Ellie thanks ill try and get some of that :-) xxx

    @theothersideofcool thank you I really love it :-) if you are interested I can let them know, they sent me a message this am asking if they could send mea sample xxx

    ReplyDelete