9 September 2011

An update that started small and became one huge ramble!

Hello my cupcakes,

I hope you're all doing well, it's been a busy day for me today, I've been to have my eyes tested, I seriously needed them testing, my eyes are just hurting so badly at the moment and they have worsened, it's not good. With my complete revamp of image I thought it would be great to get some new glasses and that I have done. Tonight is hairdye night and tomorrow I'm getting my mop cut, and girly night with lots of the vino and Chinese food, I cannot wait :-).

I also had to go to the college to enroll onto another course, yes another course. I sat down and thought to myself, while I don't have to pay for my courses at the moment because I live alone and am out of work, I may as well enroll on a course that's going to help me professionally, the more qualifications the better. Training up on a hairdressing course is also a new skill that I can take with me.  

If you follow me on Twitter you may have noticed that I mentioned doing an internship in the US maybe next year if I can get the money together etc. My work experience lies within admin and I thought it would be an ideal time for me to do a business and admin course to help me secure a place on an internship. You need to have skills as well as extensive experience in the field you choose to the internship in, which I have. I have to be honest Administration is boring me now, I just want to move on, hence the hairdressing course, but if it means I get to go live in the US of A for 3 to 18 months I am going to do it. 
Now you may be thinking "how are you going to get an internship"? well, a couple of years ago I came across a company called BUNAC,  when I got married in Canada, I fell head over heels in love with the country and the people and I knew I wanted for us to move there. There is hardly any work here for me and every time I apply for jobs they turn me down so I thought maybe working over the pond would help me, I saw tons of job adverts in windows while in Toronto and Nigara Falls. I had a new mission, which was to get over there and set off onto the tinterwebs, one day I made progress while searching for working visas I came across BUNAC and started bombarding them with questions, they're super friendly and actually do get back to you quite quickly. They offer so many great opportunities to students and to non-students, you can do working holidays to Canada, you can do internships (duh). They offer you so many options. They are a great company and will stop at nothing to help you the best way they can. My favourite thing about the visas they offer is you aren't limited to working in just one state or part of the country you can literally go anywhere, I'm one of lives dreamers, I always have my head in the cloud and am always looking for new things to make my life better. I just lack in the money department, If I had money I'd be so much better off.
 
So yeah, I think that's about it for my update, I only came to write a few words and then it turned into company review lol. What have you gorgeous people been up too? Did you enjoy the five minutes of summer that we had? Anyone been on a BUNAC adventure?

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment