27 September 2011

My two cents on the September and August GlossyBox.

Hello my loves,

I hope you're all having a great week :-)

I didn't bother doing a Glossybox review last month. Instead I decided instead of doing two separate posts Id do one for the the last two boxes, so I will apologise in advance this may be a long post. 

I'm going to be honest I'm cancelling my subscription. I think that Glossybox is an amazing idea and I fell in love with the idea just not the products. I went into my cupboard the other day and I saw all the boxes that had opened but forgotten about, that's how bad it is that? I think I would rather put £12.95 in my savings account each month and go on a huge shopping spree when I have enough pennies.

Here are all of the goodies from the last two boxes, I keept the perfume samples out of this.


I will do the September bits first.

HD Brows (Eye&Brow Palette)
I'm going to have a little rant about this product, I am quite excited to be able to try this but I'm just not sure I understand the "HD Brows" label. Why are they HD? The box came just like this, no outer packaging or instructions. I'm not sure if this just me, but, when I buy something I want it to be in nice packaging with a sales pitch, I need to ask myself "why do you want this product? is it worth the money?" and all those kind of questions, it didn't give me that and I feel a bit short changed, I know that seems snobbish or quite petty but I'm right. Doing brows isn't rocket science of course but for the newbies wouldn't it be nice to have instructions? This probably won't be used because I have quite bushy brows but it's a good thing to have.
GlossyBox say
"Eyebrow experts HD Brows have developed a handy handbag palette with four matt eyebrow colours, which can also double up as an eye shadow and eyeliner."

L’Oréal Professionnel (Mythic Oil)
I am looking forward to trying this out actually, the only problem I have is my hair gets greasy on it's own so I'm not sure adding extra oil will be a good thing or a bad thing.
 
GlossBox say.
"Unveil the power of Mythic Oil from L’Oréal Professionnel. Enriched with a special blend of avocado and grape seed oil, this lightweight oil cares and pampers all hair types. Intensely nourishing even the finest hair, the formula leaves hair looking shiny and feeling supple."

StriVectin (SD Eye Concentrate)
I'm excited about trying this out too, I have been getting a few as I like to call them "smile lines" around my eye and the dark circles just really depress me.

GlossyBox say
"StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate is a multi-dimensional eye cream targeting crow’s feet, dark circles and puffiness around the eyes. This leading eye wrinkle and line fighter is powered up with our proprietary complex of 7.5% NIA-114 & Peptides Actives to improve the appearance of fine lines and crow’s feet in just 2-8 weeks. Results will keep improving overtime, if you continue to use twice a day."

On to the August box, here are the bits I got.

Rebel Nails (Nail Wraps)
I am intrigued and confused by these guys, I think I'd like to try them out I'm just not sure I understand the process lol. I guess I'll have to just shut up and put up right? :-)

GlossyBox say.
"Rebel Nail Wraps come in an ever-expanding range of styles and designs to create stunning nails you have always dreamed of! They don’t chip like regular varnish and your nails look amazing 24/7. With hundreds of designs to choose from, nail wraps let you change your look instantly with an easy application and no drying time. Create an impact with your designer Rebel Nail Wraps!"

Murad (Time Release Blemish Cleanser)
My skin has been quite bad of late (I guess it's also due to the fact that I have been eating a massive ton of junk food) and I had a reaction to my usual face stuff which left me with a horrible swollen eye and face :'( but I'd like to give this guy a good go.

Here is what GlossyBox say.
"The new Anti-Ageing Blemish line from Murad is the first comprehensive, integrated approach designed to restore a smooth, youthful complexion, by addressing acne breakouts while diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Adult skin with blemishes is less resilient and more prone to exhibit signs of accelerated ageing, therefore optimal health and appearance can only be achieved by addressing blemishes with a system that strengthens, restores and protects the skin. Murad’s Time Release Blemish Cleanser features an advanced Multi-Active Blemish Fighting System designed to reduce existing blemishes while preventing new blemishes from forming. Suitable for all ages and skin types."

KMS California (HAIRSTAY Style Boost)
I like trying new hairsprays so I'm excited to see if this does as it says.

GlossyBox Say
"Primer for your hair! The foam-to-liquid crackle formula enhances natural movement and bounce while boosting the performance of styling products, for a style that lasts up to 3x longer. Formulated with IOPS (inside out perfecting system) technology, pomegranate & pepper to provide heat protection and create an invisible style foundation for all hair types."

DANIEL SANDLER (JUMBO JET Mascara)
I'm all for trying out new mascaras, I'm just not sure if I am all for trying out "JUMBO JET" ones.

Here is what GlossyBox say.
"British talent Daniel Sandler has been a makeup artist and leader in his field for over 25 years. Throughout this time Daniel has developed his knowledge and huge talent for creating stunning looks. One of his fortes is making these looks wearable for women, being able to show and explain just how easy makeup can be and by “Delivering Timeless Beauty”.
JUMBO JET is the only mascara a woman needs when she wants high-performance, luscious lashes. “The first coat gives a natural effect, suitable for day looks; the second adds a little more drama; the third coat takes lashes to full-on night time glamour” JUMBO JET is both incredibly glossy, very glamorous, intensely black, and are Hypo-allergenic and opthamologically tested. Available only in a jet black, non- waterproof formula. It can easily be removed with a good quality eye makeup remover.
"

Ahava (Mineral Body Lotion)
I don't look after my skin as well as I should so I'm happy to get this and try it out.

GlossyBox say.
"Part of Ahava’s new My Skin Reborn range, this quickly absorbed yet rich body lotion draws on the skin-nurturing properties of Ahava’s unique Dead Sea mineral complex, Mineral Skin Osmoter™, as well as desert plant extracts and other moisturising ingredients to effectively hydrate, nourish and protect the skin. With an all-natural formulation that’s free from parabens, SLS/SLES, petroleum, harsh synthetic ingredients and GMOs, Mineral Body Lotion is allergy tested and approved for sensitive skin."

So, there we have it, I know it's a long long post and I am really sorry for that. I'm interested to know what you gorgeous girls are thinking about GlossyBox? Are you subscribed or not?

Peace and Love

No comments:

Post a Comment