30 July 2011

Hair Tag: 21 Questions

Hello my loves

I love talking about hair, I don't just obsess over makeup I'm versatile lol. When I saw this tag I thought it would be perfect for me to do, because it's questions about my hair. I borrowed it from the lovely Cas from Hair and Beautylicious


1. Why did you start taking better care of your hair? 
I've always been good to my hair (ok so I don't condition it but that's just because it makes my hair greasy and weighs it down) I did use to use tons of heat on it, which I stopped doing a few years ago. I dye it but I am better at that now to, last year I actually spent most of the year not dying it.

2. What are your 2 favorite products?
Just a generic shampoo and my macadamia nut hair mask.

3. Who's hair did you admire as a child? 
This is going to sound strange, there was this woman who used to see on the bus everyday coming home from school, she had gorgeous long brown hair and it always looked so soft and shiny I once 'accidentally' touched it haha. I always wanted hair like Britney Spears, until she went cookoo and shaved it.

4. What is your ultimate goal length? 
I would love to have hair down to my lower back.

5. How are you going to celebrate when you reach it?
Knowing me cut it off, lol. I don't know, maybe do a dance?

6. Two styles you want to try at your goal length?
I want an extra long fishtail plait (I'm obsessed with fishtail plaits) and I'm not sure about the other.

7. Which do you prefer: Health or length? 
Health, if your hair is healthy it will lead to length

8. Which do you prefer: Hair ties with no metal parts, or butterfly clips? 
Hair ties, sometimes I get so hot and need to get my hair off of my neck

9. What products do you prefer: salon brands, organic brands, BSS brands or drugstore brands? 
Drugstore, I don't believe in spending lots of money on shampoos.

10. Which product/technique do you think is over-rated? 
Back combing.

11. Which product/technique do you think is under-rated? 
I'm not sure if this is the right answer, but, I think trimming your hair. I know you think if "I keep trimming it it won't grow" but believe me it really does work, it gets rid of the damaged ends which makes it healthier. If you go for a trim every 8weeks you don't have to have inches off just tell the hairdresser you want the ends tidying. You'll notice a change.

12. What is your favorite part of your hair regimen? 
I like doing hair masks, I put it on and then I have about 8minutes of dancing and singing in the shower. It's fun

13. What is the most annoying part of your hair regimen?
I don't think there's anything I don't like. My routine isn't hard to do. I wash it, use my hair mask and then leave it to towel/air dry, simples

14. Oils or butters?
I think butters, my hair has enough of it's own oils

15. Bun or ponytail? 
A messy bun

16. Wig or weave (or neither)?
Erm, neither.

17. What is your opinion on growth aids? 
I doubt they work, if the hair follicle is damaged it just won't grow. I think it's just something that makes people feel better about themselves.

18. What length do you consider long? 
Passed the collarbone

19. When was the last time you went to a salon? 
Today

20. What do you like to surf the most: youtube channels, personal blogs or hair forums? 
I used to be obsessed with YouTube, but I think blogger has stolen my heart.

21. And finally, what piece of advice would you give to someone just starting out their hair journey? 
Be good to it, don't wash it everyday try and leave it a couple of days between, if it gets greasy use dry shampoo. Do not brush it whilst wet. Have regular trims. Don't use heat all the time, you can achieve cute curls by plaiting your hair while wet. It's all common sense really, use heat a protector just be kind to it and you'll be fine.

I hope you enjoyed 

Peace, love and gorgeous locks :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment