25 June 2011

June GlossyBox

Hello my loves :-)

I hope you're all doing ok.

So unless you've been living under a rock for the past few months, you will probably have heard of GlossyBox they say on the site "Every month we send you 5 exciting luxury product miniatures packed in a beautiful box for you to test at home." 

OK, I was brought up in life being told "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"  but in this case I need to because GlossyBox seem to be so blissfully unaware that a huge amount of us who got them aren't happy.

Last months box seemed to be so good, with Nars and a lipstick and a few other cool things. So I damned if I wasn't signing up, Nars is something I have always to try but just cannot afford. I waited patiently for a month while my box came. I'd hoped I'd be able to not open it until my birthday, yah that lasted two minutes lol. When I opened it, I was so happy with the packaging. They had their own logo all over the box, and inside was a baby pink box, I was happy. Again it's the small things. Then I opened it, and my day was ruined, ok so slightly dramatic lol. But I was upset by the box. The minature OPI was cute, It was glittery. I got a serum which I applied on the back of my hand it felt greasy they sent me a couple of smellies but I don't have a sense of smell and they also sent me a batiste dry shampoo. Now I do not have a problem with Batiste,  far from it. But I was promised 'high end' and Batiste as much as I love it isn't high end at all, also I wish they'd sent one of the new dry shampoos instead of the old ones. 

Looking at the box of "goodies" I will probably use two products out of five, how is that good?

I had a long rant with a couple of twitter girls, we aren't happy indeed. It would appear GlossyBox on twitter don't answer their customers now they've become more 'popular' On YouTube I had noticed a thing called BirchBox, which is exactly the same as GlossyBox just over in the states and I think a lot of us were so upset we couldn't get it here, so when GlossyBox announced they would be bringing it to us Brits we all went mad and had to sign up, because again why wouldn't us makeup obsessed beauties want 5 Highend products for £10? It's a crazy question. I was so happy with the reviews of the first box, and I really was just so excited but that soon changed. 

To top it all off, they announced yesterday they had a surprise and made it sound all cool, but they dropped on us they will be charging £2.95 for postage and packing. Now I wouldn't have minded this if in the first place they charged shipping costs, however, they just decided to add shipping costs without thinking that we came for cheap makeup because we are on a budget why would we want to pay extra? I guess they have good tactics. They've gotten all popular and started making changes, I reckon a lot of people will cancel I probably will if they keep sending me stuff I just won't use. They need to remember that we are the customer and will happily go elsewhere if they carry on making changes.

Anyway I think that's my rant over, I'm sure I will probably keep adding to bits but until then I took some pictures for you to look at and decide if you want to join or cancel.

I like the packaging, I think it's very girly and the box is very sturdy.
I like how it all came in a nice order
I am obsessed with this bottle of nail polish, it's seriously cute and just a little bigger than my little finger. I think I'll be keeping the bottle lol
I like how this came in it's own original box.
So, what did you guys think? Did you get the products you are happy with? I think I'll be saying to myself and anyone else who isn't impressed is "Better luck next time"

Peace, love and cupcakes :-)

3 comments:

  1. I'm not at home so I won't be opening mine till Monday night, but it is a little cheeky I think sending people an old Batiste product and then adding shipping costs too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm that's pretty dang miserable alright even looks crappy in the box

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry Vicky, I hope I didn't spoil it for you :'( xx

    It is Rachel, I think I'll have to go without or see if we can do the Elf thing that was mentioned before that would be so much fun :-) xx

    ReplyDelete